Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baby Shower

Happy New Year! Of course, with the holidays (I went to Maui for Thanksgiving, then Santa Barbara for Christmas) my blog has been neglected. I am back with a post about a baby shower I put on for one of my best friends. I was lucky, they had just moved into a fabulous 1920's house, so they wanted to have the shower there. 


Decoration crafts included:
- pinwheels using this tutorial. They were clustered in glass jars around the house.
one of my banners, which I will finish once they choose his name. 
- paper chains made of cropped book pages
- hanging dots made with circles of card stock, hot glued onto monofilament (aka fishing line). I was stoked when the mom-to-be said she wanted to keep them to use in the baby's room.
- a diaper cake covered with baby washcloths
- we also had a diaper decorating station. 


It was a library theme (the mom-to-be is a teacher), and the theme and invites were based on this Martha Stewart idea, a free PDF was offered by Anna Bond of Rifle Paper Co. I modified the invite to be more "boy themed", which proves as a challenge when planning a baby shower.... everything is a sea of pink. So it was fun to use the PDF as a jumping off point for the co-ed shower. Guests were encouraged to bring a favorite book for the baby.



The favors were tiny composition books and a donation to First Booka nonprofit organization that connects book publishers and community organizations to provide access to new books for children in need.

Fonts: 
Imprint MT Shadow

1 comment:

Maribeth said...

Love the original theme of this Baby Shower and the use of literary elements which tie in with the Mother's occupation as a teacher. Your signature banner comes into focus and it's great that it can be used in the decor of the child's room (once the name is chosen!). Fabulous job, Coley!
~Maribeth

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...