Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Spray paint to the rescue

Just a quick post about some household items that I gave a facelift to with spray paint.



The chair was painted a chartreuse green, and covered with some upholstery fabric from my mom's Interior Design company. I was very inspired by the embroidered fabric, and this green goes really well.

The large rectangular frame was painted a deep purple. It's not very showy, but I found it in the trash. So anything is an improvement.

The small oval frame was painted a light blue and turned into a jewelry display. I used cardboard from a shipping box as the backing, covering it with a cream colored paper. I hand painted the flower detail to make them stand out. Tiny pins allow for dainty necklaces to hang. I just pushed the brooch pins through the cardboard. 

Hope this inspires you to take a second look at some of your old furniture and give it some love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...