Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

NKLA and The Gentle Barn

I wanted to take a quick moment to talk about two organizations that are close to my heart. For the month of May, 10% of my sale profits will go to NKLA and The Gentle Barn. So shop for Coley items on Etsy, Zibbet or Facebook knowing that you are helping animals in need.


NKLA - No Kill LA is part of the Best Friends Animal Society, and is committed to making Los Angeles a No Kill city. 17,000 adoptable animals were put to sleep last year just in LA. They are working toward making that number ZERO! 


You can get involved by donating, spreading the word... but mostly by adopting or fostering a shelter animal. And never, ever buy from a pet store or breeder. 















The Gentle Barn- A few weeks ago, a raid was made on a "backyard butcher" (yes, it's exactly what it sounds like). Over 50 animals were removed from horrible conditions. The Gentle Barn took many of these animals in, and it will take a lot of time and vet expenses to get these animals healthy again. You can donate at their website, the Paypal button makes it very easy.

You can follow the animal's progress on The Gentle Barn's Blog or their Facebook. I have visited the Gentle Barn twice now, and I can't wait to go back. If you are in the LA area, I highly recommend stopping by on Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm. A $10 donation is requested. 










I promise I will get back to the craft-related posts soon :) In the meantime, if you have a favorite animal organization, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...